Making decisions tools and resources
You have explored the occupations or study options that interest you.
Now is the time to narrow down your choices and choose the best option for you, now.
Use the tools below to help you compare your work and study options.
Look at how each of your choices fits with your skills, interests, values and personal circumstances.
Once you have narrowed down your choices, you can take action.
Go to Knowing yourself if you are not sure about:
- what you want to achieve;
- your skills, interests and values; or
- how your personal circumstances will be impacted.
Go to Finding out if you are:
- not sure how to research your preferred occupations;
- unclear about the range of occupations available;
- uncertain about the education and training options on offer; or
- undecided about your preferred occupations.
Before you use the tools below ask yourself:
- What are my preferred work/learning options?
- How do they match with my skills, interests and values?
- How do they fit with the current labour market?
- How do they fit with my current situation and responsibilities?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
- What will help and what will hinder me?
- What will I do about it?
Try these suggested activities
Help with career planning
If you need help making your work and learning decisions, contact one of our career services to speak with a qualified career practitioner.