Contact us

Phone: 13 64 64 or (08)9224 6500
Site search

Education and training

Study options for students


  • is the national training directory. It lists all the government approved courses, qualifications and training available in Australia.  You can use the site to compare vocational and educational training courses and providers and to help you to decide what is best for you.
  • TAFE Colleges are funded by the State Government and registered to deliver a range of nationally recognised qualifications and courses in WA.
  • Private training providers are also registered to deliver nationally recognised qualifications in WA. For a full list of private training providers and the courses they offer visit
  • There are five universities in WA, each with their strengths and areas of teaching focus. These are:
    - Curtin University
    - Edith Cowan University
    - Murdoch University
    - University of Notre Dame Australia
    - University of Western Australia
  • There are four Senior Colleges in Western Australia. Senior Colleges offer students the opportunity to study a variety of programs, in a flexible and supportive adult environment. Many offer courses such as the WACE (Western Australian Certificate of Education) and cater for students ranging in age from 16 years old to mature adults:
    Canning College offers a wide range of high quality courses to help students aged 17 and over prepare for University and State Training Providers, to improve their career prospects and explore areas of interes.
    - Cyril Jackson Senior Campus caters for students from 16 years old to mature aged and is a multi- aged, multicultural, multi-opportunity place to learn.
    - North Lake Senior Campus has been set up specifically as an alternative education facility to meet the needs of students aged 16 and above who are returning to education or wanting to repeat courses.
    Sevenoaks Senior College caters for year 11 and 12 students from across the Perth metropolitan area and gives students a high level of flexibility, allowing them to meet part-time work and study commitments.
  • Schools of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) Secondary School Years 8-12, Leederville is the centre of distance and online learning within the Department of Education. The Leederville campus of SIDE provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school. 

Student specific information
Many organisations provide specific information for students. Check out the following for detailed information for prospective students.

  • North Metropolitan TAFE provides a range of information for future students.
  • South Metropolitan TAFE has a dedicated career planning section for students, parents and teachers.
  • Curtin University provides information for students, parents and teachers to assist with career planning.
  • Edith Cowan University has a site focussing on future students with information for students, parents and teachers.
  • Going to uni provides information about going to university for current and prospective students and their families. The site provides information about higher education, as well as sections on fees, loans and scholarships, courses and providers, resources and overseas study. It also incorporates a course search; representing courses offered across Australia, and myUniAssist; a secure portal where students can log in to check their entitlements and loan balances.
  • Study overseas provides information for students interested in studying overseas as part of their university or vocational courses.
  • Training pathways to university provides details about options for university entry.
  • The University of Notre Dame has information for prospective students, career advisors and teachers.
  • The Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) is a 2 hour and 45 minute multiple-choice test developed and used specifically to assist with the selection of students into medicine, dentistry and health science degree programs at undergraduate level at participating universities.
  • The University of Western Australia has a site aimed at future students with information for students, parents and teachers.
Back to top